Food Plot Drill

WNYBill

I mix cereal grain with my pelleted lime of fertilizer and spread with a cyclone 3 point seeder. I spread brassica and clover seed with a belly grinder. Maybe 2-3 acres a year. I am not getting uniform coverage. Keep thinking I need a Brillion Drill, but the price is prohibitive.

I would like to put on the very small clover and brassica and drill oats, rye and buckwheat in one pass and have uniform coverage. Guess I would prefer a 3 point hitch so when I picked it up it would stop planting.

Is there anything out there at a reasonable price or what should I look for in used?

Truax makes just what you want except for the reasonably priced part. Only a gov't agency can justify the cost. They rent them out for waterways and food plots, check with your soil conservation district.

I mix cereal grain with my pelleted lime of fertilizer and spread with a cyclone 3 point seeder. I spread brassica and clover seed with a belly grinder. Maybe 2-3 acres a year. I am not getting uniform coverage. Keep thinking I need a Brillion Drill, but the price is prohibitive.

I would like to put on the very small clover and brassica and drill oats, rye and buckwheat in one pass and have uniform coverage. Guess I would prefer a 3 point hitch so when I picked it up it would stop planting.

Is there anything out there at a reasonable price or what should I look for in used?
Find an old conventional grain drill with a small seed box (aka "grass seeder"). You can usually find one with a few acres left in it for a few hundred dollars.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back