Ford 2000 offset ID

Can someone help me decode this Ford offset? I believe its a 2000 not a 541 but dont know for sure. Also everything ive read said an offset should have "11" not "12" or a "20" (depending on which website you read from) in the second and third digit. Has the main housing been replaced or is this part of the oddball ness that is 2000 offsets? Thanks! (cross posted in the main tractor talk section)

EDIT* Also it is a 4cylinder gas, has PTO and hydraulics

IMG_1588.JPG

Last edited:
The model number stamped into that trans is 21201, which means that transmission where you found those numbers stamped was originally in a 2000 series ag chassis model with a 4 speed transmission when it left the factory. So if it is an offset tractor, the transmission was swapped out at some point and those numbers will tell you nothing about that tractor and how it was configured when it left the factory.

As Sean says. The first 2 means 134 engine, next 1 means built after 1963, next 20 means utility with adjustable front axle, the last 1 is the four speed with PTO. I always enjoy looking these things up. The serial number puts it as a later 1964.

Ive attached pictures of all the numbers I could find on the tracor. Can anyone help me find the original serial number or year it was made? Hoping the engine is serialized to the original serial by chance!? I also noticed (when buying this tractor and looking at more online) My oil pan is not the deep oil pan rather its shallow and I can see some sort of plumbing from the transmission to the what looks like an oil pump/valve on the right side of the tractor where the oil pressure gauge plumbs into... is this a 2000 thing? It seems like that routing would not fit if the deep oil pan was on ther. Every offset I have seen has had a deep oil pan. Again forgive my ignorance, as the name suggests... Im mainly a JD guy.

Attachments

• IMG_1590.JPG
    IMG_1590.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1658.JPG
    IMG_1658.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1659.JPG
    IMG_1659.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1660.JPG
    IMG_1660.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1671.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1663.JPG
    IMG_1663.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1665.JPG
    IMG_1665.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
C0NN6015G is the casting code for an engine block that was used in the 134ci gas engine from 1962 through the end of production of the run. They did not stamp the tractor serial number into any part of the tractor other than the transmission bell housing (where you found those numbers in your first picture) during the production run of the 1955-1964 4 cylinder Ford tractors. The 2000 offset was actually made for several years after the official end of the 4 cylinder 2000/4000 production run that officially ended in 1964. They made them in small batches over the years to satisfy demand by customers for a small offset row crop tractors up until the 1710 offset was released around 1983. As far as I am aware, all of those 2000 offset models that were made after 1964 were still officially called 1964 model year tractors. From your pictures, it is definitely a 2000 offset. It has the 4 cylinder 2000/4000 series eyebrow over the grill and the 2000 series grill. The 2000 offset was officially only made for the 1963 and 1964 model years, so it is a 1963 or 1964 2000 offset with a 4 speed transmission and whatever hydraulics and PTO options that it currently has. There are no real differences in terms of parts or anything else between those two model years. The 1955-1964 4 cylinder Ford tractors had pretty much finished being improved upon with the release of the 1963 model year tractors, so I don't think that it matters whether it is a 1963 or 1964 model year tractor. The offset did have a different part number for the oil pan vs. the other models in the 2000 series, but I'm not sure what the difference was. That part on the bottom pf the oil pan in img_1668.jpg is the drain plug, not the oil pump, and it was that large on all of them, not just the offsets. That oil plug has a screen on top that surrounds the oil pump pickup which adds some extra protection to the engine by keeping any debris from the rest of the oil pan out of the pump and from being recirculated through the engine.

C0NN6015G is the casting code for an engine block that was used in the 134ci gas engine from 1962 through the end of production of the run. They did not stamp the tractor serial number into any part of the tractor other than the transmission bell housing (where you found those numbers in your first picture) during the production run of the 1955-1964 4 cylinder Ford tractors. The 2000 offset was actually made for several years after the official end of the 4 cylinder 2000/4000 production run that officially ended in 1964. They made them in small batches over the years to satisfy demand by customers for a small offset row crop tractors up until the 1710 offset was released around 1983. As far as I am aware, all of those 2000 offset models that were made after 1964 were still officially called 1964 model year tractors. From your pictures, it is definitely a 2000 offset. It has the 4 cylinder 2000/4000 series eyebrow over the grill and the 2000 series grill. The 2000 offset was officially only made for the 1963 and 1964 model years, so it is a 1963 or 1964 2000 offset with a 4 speed transmission and whatever hydraulics and PTO options that it currently has. There are no real differences in terms of parts or anything else between those two model years. The 1955-1964 4 cylinder Ford tractors had pretty much finished being improved upon with the release of the 1963 model year tractors, so I don't think that it matters whether it is a 1963 or 1964 model year tractor. The offset did have a different part number for the oil pan vs. the other models in the 2000 series, but I'm not sure what the difference was. That part on the bottom pf the oil pan in img_1668.jpg is the drain plug, not the oil pump, and it was that large on all of them, not just the offsets. That oil plug has a screen on top that surrounds the oil pump pickup which adds some extra protection to the engine by keeping any debris from the rest of the oil pan out of the pump and from being recirculated through the engine.
Thanks for the info I appreciate it! I was hoping the engine was stamped and coordinated with the tractor serial. On Oliver 440s if youre missing the serial tag but have the engine tag, you can actually call the Oliver museum and they can find your serial number based on the engine number. Looks like thats not possible for this tractor then...darn! Is there a way to find out if its a 63, 64 or post 64 build? Any of the other numbers give insight to years? Do any part numbers decode to specific years like on newer parts?

My questioning if its a 541 vs 2000 came from the owner saying you can swap the sheet metal so you can rely on that completely... is there truth to that statement? I have found traces of red paint but it could be salvaged parts painted blue to match back up.

Lastly and sorry for all the questions, my reference the oil pump might have been misguided. I was talking about the part in picture img1665 that comes out from the tractor next to the oil pan and goes up to the (oil?) pump on the side of the tractor where the oil pressure gauge feeds in to. Its the silver piece in the top right of the photo. It doesnt look like that would fit if the tractor had the normal deep oil pan on it.

The silver looking piece is a hydraulic pump manifold made out of aluminum that supplies and returns hydraulic fluid to the hydraulic pump above. tubes go thru the tranny to the hydraulics in (front of) the rear end.

Again, as Sean says. And again, it's a late tractor and the boys at the factory could have pieced it together with that transmission if the 3 cylinders were being rolled out. As long as you have that transmission it will never be a 541

Thanks for the info I appreciate it! I was hoping the engine was stamped and coordinated with the tractor serial. On Oliver 440s if youre missing the serial tag but have the engine tag, you can actually call the Oliver museum and they can find your serial number based on the engine number. Looks like thats not possible for this tractor then...darn! Is there a way to find out if its a 63, 64 or post 64 build? Any of the other numbers give insight to years? Do any part numbers decode to specific years like on newer parts?

My questioning if its a 541 vs 2000 came from the owner saying you can swap the sheet metal so you can rely on that completely... is there truth to that statement? I have found traces of red paint but it could be salvaged parts painted blue to match back up.

Lastly and sorry for all the questions, my reference the oil pump might have been misguided. I was talking about the part in picture img1665 that comes out from the tractor next to the oil pan and goes up to the (oil?) pump on the side of the tractor where the oil pressure gauge feeds in to. Its the silver piece in the top right of the photo. It doesnt look like that would fit if the tractor had the normal deep oil pan on it.
If it still has the original radiator, there's normally a date stamp on the upper tank. That will get you reasonably close to the build date.
Yes, the tin could be swapped. But you have 2000 tin and a 2000 transmission (even if it's not stamped correctly for an offset). Unless you're finding red under the blue on all other major components, Id say it's a 2000.
Are there 4 bolt holes in the lower dash? It may have been a Select-O-Speed. That would account for the transmission swap.

Here is an earlier post of someone that had a 1966 4cyl 2000 offset.

If it still has the original radiator, there's normally a date stamp on the upper tank. That will get you reasonably close to the build date.
Yes, the tin could be swapped. But you have 2000 tin and a 2000 transmission (even if it's not stamped correctly for an offset). Unless you're finding red under the blue on all other major components, Id say it's a 2000.
Are there 4 bolt holes in the lower dash? It may have been a Select-O-Speed. That would account for the transmission swap.
Thanks I will check on the radiator and the lower dash when I get home later!

The silver looking piece is a hydraulic pump manifold made out of aluminum that supplies and returns hydraulic fluid to the hydraulic pump above. tubes go thru the tranny to the hydraulics in (front of) the rear end.
So would that manifold fit with a deep oil pan or is there a different set up? Just trying to figure out what all has been replaced and what should be on there.

I found this casting number on the engine block... looks like 4E16 to me... does that mean the engine block was made on May 16, 1964?

Attachments

• IMG_1677.JPG
    IMG_1677.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
I found this casting number on the engine block... looks like 4E16 to me... does that mean the engine block was made on May 16, 1964?
Most likely, but it could have been 1974 if it was one of those later ones. Why the interest in knowing the exact year? The 2000 offset was basically identical to the 5x1 offset models that came before it with the exception of the sheet metal and the grill.

You could look for date codes on the axle trumpets and lift cover, and check the radiator as someone else recommended

Most likely, but it could have been 1974 if it was one of those later ones. Why the interest in knowing the exact year? The 2000 offset was basically identical to the 5x1 offset models that came before it with the exception of the sheet metal and the grill.
Mainly I just like to know the history of my tractors. It just feels weird not to know when it was built. Also I like to get the magnetic signs for my tractors for the shows I take them to, it seems empty or uninformed without the year and serial number. Otherwise I understand parts are all basically the same for them so i dont REALLY need to know the year or SN... I just WANT to know lol

The radiator looks like it says 10/68 and C5NN-AB. Ive only found red on the front "chin"(?) piece and the hood.

Ive included picures of the dash as well... let me know what you think. Is it common to swap out the select o speed?

Attachments

• IMG_1854 2.JPG
    IMG_1854 2.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1705.JPG
    IMG_1705.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1853 2.JPG
    IMG_1853 2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back