Ford 2000 Offset ID

Can someone help me decode this Ford offset? I believe its a 2000 not a 541 but dont know for sure. Also everything ive read said an offset should have "11" not "12" or a "20" (depending on which website you read from) in the second and third digit. Has the main housing been replaced or is this part of the oddball ness that is 2000 offsets? Thanks! (cross posted in the main tractor talk section)

EDIT* Also it is a 4cylinder gas, has PTO and hydraulics

IMG_1588.JPG

Last edited:
The model number shown, 21201, is for the All Purpose variant (standard four-wheel agricultural with adjustable front axle):

2 : 2000-series, 134 CI engine
1 : 1963 or later model year
20 : All Purpose as described above
1 : 4-Speed w/ Transmission PTO

An offset model would have 11 in the third and fourth digits.

Below is a decode page from the Ford parts manual.

Maybe the transmission has been changed.

57687 is a 1964 serial number.

Sean on the Ford board will probably provide further info.

Ford_5_Digit_models.jpg

The model number shown, 21201, is for the All Purpose variant (standard four-wheel agricultural with adjustable front axle):

2 : 2000-series, 134 CI engine
1 : 1963 or later model year
20 : All Purpose as described above
1 : 4-Speed w/ Transmission PTO

An offset model would have 11 in the third and fourth digits.

Below is a decode page from the Ford parts manual.

Maybe the transmission has been changed.

57687 is a 1964 serial number.

Sean on the Ford board will probably provide further info.

View attachment 69357
If it is an offset the transmission may have been replace and those numbers represent the donor tractor.

Thanks for the replies!

So is there any way to find the true serial number for this tractor? (Maybe even the original model?) I dont see offsets come up for sale too often so I had to jump on it... it was too good of a deal to pass up. Im kinda bummed its not the original transmission but I guess Im happy someone kept this tractor running and didnt junk it.

Its definitely an offset tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_1590.JPG
    IMG_1590.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!

So is there any way to find the true serial number for this tractor? (Maybe even the original model?) I dont see offsets come up for sale too often so I had to jump on it... it was too good of a deal to pass up. Im kinda bummed its not the original transmission but I guess Im happy someone kept this tractor running and didnt junk it.
Put some pictures on the Ford Board along with casting/date codes found on the engine/center housing/rear axle. The Ford crowd loves to comment on this type of thing.

Ive attached pictures of all the numbers I could find. I also noticed (when buying this tractor and looking at more online) My oil pan is not the deep oil pan rather its shallow and I can see some sort of piping that leads from the transmission up to the pump where the oil pressure gauge plumbs into... is this a 2000 thing? It seems like if I had the deep oil pan that part would then not fit. (pic 1665 top right) Again forgive my ignorance, as the name suggests... Im mainly a JD guy.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.JPG
    IMG_1658.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1659.JPG
    IMG_1659.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1660.JPG
    IMG_1660.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1671.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1663.JPG
    IMG_1663.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1666.JPG
    IMG_1666.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Ive attached pictures of all the numbers I could find. I also noticed (when buying this tractor and looking at more online) My oil pan is not the deep oil pan rather its shallow and I can see the oil pump housing... is this a 2000 thing? Again forgive my ignorance, as the name suggests... Im mainly a JD guy.
I'm going to say what you already know, it's a 2000, not a 541 because of the sheet metal. 2000 offset was only 63 and 64, 541was 59-62. C0NN 6015G is the engine block code consistent with a 134 CI engine. No realistic way to trace back to original SN unless previous owner has some sort of evidence. Who knows, maybe the transmission was mis-stamped at the factory, other than the 20 the rest matches well. Maybe your post to the Ford board will produce some further insights.

Thanks! my questioning the 541 vs 2000 was the seller said that sheet metal can be swapped out easy enough so its not a guarantee. Is there truth to that? There are traces of red paint on a few pieces but with it not being everywhere im more wondering if they are parts that were replaced on the tractor and painted blue to match.

I was hoping the engine block number could be traced back to a serial number... sounds like im out of luck there. Wish I could find out the real serial number! For now I wonder if I could at least find out if its a 63, 64, or a post 64 build.

Thanks for the replies!

Its definitely an offset tractor.
Here is an old post of a discussion on someone that had a 1966 4cyl 2000 offset.

Found this date code (i think?) on the engine block. 4E16.... does that mean the engine block was cast on May 16, 1964?

Attachments

• IMG_1677.JPG
    IMG_1677.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Found this date code (i think?) on the engine block. 4E16.... does that mean the engine block was cast on May 16, 1964?
Yep that's the format of the usual Ford date code. When you see the inverse screw head marks at the edges it usually means the image was added at the time of casting.

Another place to check for a date is the brass tag spot on the MS carburetor (if the carb looks original)

Yep that's the format of the usual Ford date code. When you see the inverse screw head marks at the edges it usually means the image was added at the time of casting.

Another place to check for a date is the brass tag spot on the MS carburetor (if the carb looks original)
From my understanding first line is model so TSX-765, second line is date code... but it looks like too many numbers. and 3rd line is actual ID number?
Ill check out the tag again in person but it sure looks like the second line is 112954 (NOV 29, 1954?) thats quite a bit earlier than the tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_1682.jpg
    IMG_1682.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1593.JPG
    IMG_1593.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
From my understanding first line is model so TSX-765, second line is date code... but it looks like too many numbers. and 3rd line is actual ID number?
Ill check out the tag again in person but it sure looks like the second line is 112954 (NOV 29, 1954?) thats quite a bit earlier than the tractor.
312954 is the Ford part number for a TSX765 carburetor. I don't think there's a date code present. The carb labeling was inconsistent over time. My 1957 original carb had the info on a brass disc embedded into the carb where that circle with a hole is below the tag in your picture. It included a date, TSX number, and OEM part number. I'm surprised you still have a removable tag and that it's in great shape compared to the carb. 312954 is the correct OEM part number for the 134 from 1958 forward.

312954 is the Ford part number for a TSX765 carburetor. I don't think there's a date code present. The carb labeling was inconsistent over time. My 1957 original carb had the info on a brass disc embedded into the carb where that circle with a hole is below the tag in your picture. It included a date, TSX number, and OEM part number. I'm surprised you still have a removable tag and that it's in great shape compared to the carb. 312954 is the correct OEM part number for the 134 from 1958 forward.
I was on the fence if it was a 3 or a 1... i stared at it too long lol. Thanks! I totally forgot about those brass discs, yeah looks like mine is missing. about Par for the course that I am on right now haha.

I was on the fence if it was a 3 or a 1... i stared at it too long lol. Thanks! I totally forgot about those brass discs, yeah looks like mine is missing. about Par for the course that I am on right now haha.
Here's my original 1957 TSX-706 carb showing the year (57), TSX-706, and Ford's part number (EAF-9510-G). They didn't put a full date code on, only the year, looks like yours might be a 73. Sorry to add to the confusion.
MS_TSX706.jpg

Similar to the tag on the carburetor is the tag on the top right side of the radiator. Just another piece of evidence.

It's unfortunate they don't grind off the current serial number when the swap was done and stamp in original.

Vito

Similar to the tag on the carburetor is the tag on the top right side of the radiator. Just another piece of evidence.
Is there a tag I should be looking for or is it stamped? I found this stamped on the top right of the radiator. looks like 10/68 and C5NN-AB

Attachments

• IMG_1854 2.JPG
    IMG_1854 2.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 19
Is there a tag I should be looking for or is it stamped? I found this stamped on the top right of the radiator. looks like 10/68 and C5NN-AB
That's how they did the date on the radiator, month and year, not a tag. Is it 10 68 or 10 63? Below is my radiator date mark from a 57 840. The full part number for the radiator is C5NN-8005-AB so your marking appears to be an abreviated part number.
RadiatorDate.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back