Ford 3000 power steering pump

Greetings YTers; Finally getting ready to mount my pump. I have 2 questions. First, there's an o ring gasket between the pump and block. Does this get any gasket seal? Second question. When reattaching the 2 metal fluid pipes do they get sealer or pvc tape around the threads? Thanks, Gary

Greetings YTers; Finally getting ready to mount my pump. I have 2 questions. First, there's an o ring gasket between the pump and block. Does this get any gasket seal? Second question. When reattaching the 2 metal fluid pipes do they get sealer or pvc tape around the threads? Thanks, Gary
No and no.

Sounds like whoever worked on it before needs their tools taken away from them
Destroked 450. Actually the tractor was in pretty good shape and well maintained. I've been trying to get a pusher snowplow mounted and that caused me problems. But the gaskets did cause me some problems. As soon as it warms up and dries out I'll finish this project. I have a 641 and a 2N, both with pusher plows so it's not an urgent problem. Gary

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back