Ford 3600 Noise when depressing Clutch

PhillipsTO35

New User
Hello folks.

After the rear end split on my T035 (guess the pressure relief valve, among other things, wasn’t working) I decided to buy a Ford tractor. I found what appears to be a solid 3600 with about 1900 hours. Pretty much everything is in working order but it makes an odd clacking sound as soon as you begin to depress the clutch. It’s hard to tell exactly where it’s coming from. I’m trying to attach a short video but it says the file is too large. I’ll keep working on the video but in the meantime (I know that’s vague info) do y’all have any ideas?

Thanks

If it is making as much noise as you say ,it is definitely going to have to come apart to see what is wrong with it. This is a 2 stage clutch and they are not cheap. Better figure that in the price before you buy. You can spend a thousand bucks to fix it real quick if you hire it done.

Throw out (clutch release) bearing failure. When driving the tractor steady state, the throwout bearing is out of the picture. When you depress the clutch the bearing is in use. If it dries out or rusts, it makes noise only when the clutch pedal is depressed. Replacement requires a split.

Hello folks.

After the rear end split on my T035 (guess the pressure relief valve, among other things, wasn’t working) I decided to buy a Ford tractor. I found what appears to be a solid 3600 with about 1900 hours. Pretty much everything is in working order but it makes an odd clacking sound as soon as you begin to depress the clutch. It’s hard to tell exactly where it’s coming from. I’m trying to attach a short video but it says the file is too large. I’ll keep working on the video but in the meantime (I know that’s vague info) do y’all have any ideas?

Thanks
broken pressure plate springs or arms, bad throwout bearing, bent and damage fork are some... even a bad pilot bearing and worn input shaft/bearing... but more likely the first couple of thing..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back