Ford 4000 4 cylinder diesel front crankshaft dust seal

elwooddan

New User
Hey everyone. I just bought a ford 4000 4 cylinder diesel. Im leaking a considerate amount of oil from the front crankshaft oil seal. I want to replace the oil seal and dust seal. But the problem I am having is I cant find a crankshaft dust seal. Anyone have any suggestions? Can I make a dust seal out of aluminum?

There isn't a dust seal. Can you explain what you mean? You will need the cover seal, gasket and a good hub if yours is worn.

On some old engines there's a flat sheet metal oil slinger just in front of the crank gear. Is this what you're talking about? Messics doesn't show one.

No dust seal there. Only an oil seal. I would also check the governor shaft. The bushing, shaft and seal are usually worn and leaking there also.

As there is no dust seal, the surface of the hub of the pulley where the seal rides usually gets a groove worn in it so you will need a speedi sleeve.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back