Ford 420 loader issues

Chieflifegrd

New User
Just bought a farm that has a 420 conveying. The loader has lots of numbers on it, but YT's techs can't make any sense of them. Somebody please help...my front mounted pump has taken a dump and spilled it's lunch all over the ground. When I took the pump off it's the most corroded thing I've ever seen in my life. No numbers are left on the casing that help the YT people. The input shaft seal has lost most of the rubber from the 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock position and it's pushing out every bit that's put in the reservoir almost as quickly as it's put in. Numbers on the loader as follows...

Left post- FoMoCo 291501 F
Left front - LKI
Left inside near bend - Series 19640, Serial 3194
Right front - RK2
Right post - FoMoCo 7705465 F

Is this loader referred to as a "770"? None of the YT techs have had a clue. The only option offered for a 420 looked right and was advised by the YT techs as to be my replacement. It looked exactly right in the pictures, so I ordered it. It is not right. The mounting holes are at least an inch off and the splines on the input shaft are not present on the new pump.

I really needed this tractor up and running, so I decided to trust the YT people and even paid for a 2 day delivery, which ended up being 4 through no fault of UPS. I need this thing up, can somebody with some knowledge please help?

Thanks,
-RL

Welcome to the Forums.

What tractor is it on? Posting some pictures of the pump and loader may help.

19460 comes up in the online parts book as ''19-460 - Attaching Kit, Subframe, Backhoe To 335/3400/3500 Ind. W/ & L/735 Load (01/66 - 07/80)''

It's on a 420, I probably wasn't clear enough with that. Sorry. I can post pictures...std by.
What is this reference you're using? Nobody at YT has been able to find any useful information with the numbers provided.
Thanks,
-RL

Those front mount pumps are fairly common. It was part of the mounting kit for the loader and Ford used the same design for many different loaders over the years. You shouldn't need the exact same model pump to replace it, just one that's close. Make sure that the orientation is the same in terms of the location of the input and pressure ports as well as which way it rotates and you should be good.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back