Ford 555 front end

Hello;
I have a ford 555 and the front casting of the nose has broken off where it bolts to the motor (part #d9nn3029ca) . I can get the casting for approx. $1300.00 however wondered if anyone knows what it would cost to install. It looks like you the rad, hydraulic pump, and axle would need to come off and changed out as font axle seems to go through it. Would have to split the tractor at the nose. Bolt looks to be broken off in motor etc.. Even if you know roughly amount of hours to complete and maybe hourly rate for a shop to do this so I know how much work it is.
Thanks

Yes, the name of that part is actually "Front axle Support", and the front axle is mounted to it, as well as the radiator, plus the front pump is involved there as well, plus the sheet metal nose cone, which I think would require at least the front bolts for the left side hood panel to come out as well.

I'm not sure how many hours it might be. If you have a local New Holland dealer, they could probably look it up before you commit to anything.

(quoted from post at 08:49:51 04/14/23) Hello;
I have a ford 555 and the front casting of the nose has broken off where it bolts to the motor (part #d9nn3029ca) . I can get the casting for approx. $1300.00 however wondered if anyone knows what it would cost to install. It looks like you the rad, hydraulic pump, and axle would need to come off and changed out as font axle seems to go through it. Would have to split the tractor at the nose. Bolt looks to be broken off in motor etc.. Even if you know roughly amount of hours to complete and maybe hourly rate for a shop to do this so I know how much work it is.
Thanks

Was the loader subframe bolted to the bolster when she let go. Do you have front weights, left/right and under. I would check everything carefully to make sure you're only dealing with the front bolster and nothing else. I say this because you're describing an unusual event, probably caused by bad maintenance. If this is the case, your axle probably needs some attention as well. Pivot pins and king pins, all adding up to more money. I'd look for a used bolster and try to do the whole job for $1,300 instead of going the direction you're going. Used bolsters are not highly sought after and should not bring big bucks. Some guy ordered one for his 555B (probably same as yours) then never picked it up. It was so valuable the parts department tossed it in the scrap pile after tripping over it for a few years. I took it home and it's been in my bone yard for 20 years. I didn't get the use out of it I thought I would either.

Hi Mike. I don't think I'm set up to receive email on YT. I'll need to set up a new gmail address if I can't find my old one. Have a few commitments but might get that done before end of day.

(quoted from post at 08:48:55 11/04/23)
Hi Mike. I don't think I'm set up to receive email on YT. I'll need to set up a new gmail address if I can't find my old one. Have a few commitments but might get that done before end of day.
Ok sounds good, this is just my standard email address so you can send it from any email and I will receive it (doesn t have to be from yesterdays tractor).

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back