Ford 6000 3-point wont raise?

MattLF9

The rockshaft was rusted solid and I got that broke loose after two days of fun.
I put new Zerks in that use 1/4" pipe thread and gave it some grease.

Now, trying to raise the 3-point, all the linkages inside are moving but it wont lift when the lever is pulled up.
when I shut the tractor off and lift up on the lever, I can hear the hydraulic fluid hissing for about 20 seconds but nothing else happens.
Is the upper valve stuck open by the lift cylinder?

The rockshaft was rusted solid and I got that broke loose after two days of fun.
I put new Zerks in that use 1/4" pipe thread and gave it some grease.

Now, trying to raise the 3-point, all the linkages inside are moving but it wont lift when the lever is pulled up.
when I shut the tractor off and lift up on the lever, I can hear the hydraulic fluid hissing for about 20 seconds but nothing else happens.
Is the upper valve stuck open by the lift cylinder?
I hear you on the stuck 3-point arms. Mine required, among other tools, the services of a torch to get the bushing free from the shaft.

As for not lifting, if you can see the rod that actuates the control valve moving, then it's safe to say your linkage is fine and that your control valve is stuck. As I recall, the lift cover needs to be removed from the rear axle housing to access it.

Attachments

• IMG_7504.JPG
    IMG_7504.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7515.JPG
    IMG_7515.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 13
I hear you on the stuck 3-point arms. Mine required, among other tools, the services of a torch to get the bushing free from the shaft.

As for not lifting, if you can see the rod that actuates the control valve moving, then it's safe to say your linkage is fine and that your control valve is stuck. As I recall, the lift cover needs to be removed from the rear axle housing to access it.
I figured.

Yeah, those rockshafts are fun, I lucked out and didn't need any heat.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back