Ford 641 Power Steering Fluid Leak?

Vinofarm

New User
I have a Ford 641 with a leak in one of the power steering cylinders on the left side. Fluid is slowly dripping out of the front end, dribbling down the length of the cylinder and then dripping to the ground near the clutch pedal. Power steering still works, but I need to fill the tank every couple days of use.

Is there a seal I need to replace? Or would I need an entire cylinder? Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

cvphoto168700.jpg

cvphoto168701.jpg

You can still buy the overhaul kit for that cylinder from New Holland part number 87045114.
It's a stock item and runs about $155.

I'm new to power steering repair and I bought this used 12 years ago so I'm not sure if this is OEM or not. Where would I look for a manufacturer ID on that cylinder?

Thanks.

YT shows the seal kit for about $25.00. Anyone with reasonable mechanical ability can install it. Make sure the rod isn't real rusty or knicked.

Agreed. Not an OEM cylinder so seal kits will almost certainly not fit.

Either take your cylinder to a hydraulic shop to see if it can be resealed cost-effectively or replace it with a new one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back