ford 6640 wiring harness question

sotxbill

6640 sl with factory cab and a/c.. fenders have no tail lights and I'm having to road this tractor between hay fields. WHERE... are the plugs to plugin the fender mounted taillights.... I have NO plugs at the b pillar or c pillars after moving the cab foam out of the way. I do.. have a taped up wiring harness that passes by but no plugs to add these lights to. Tractor does NOT have work lights at the top or license plate lights at the top either, but I can at least see the harness turn and go up the c pillar to where those light would have been on the roof. I am looking at the waist line area for the tail light plugs as per "11d03" drawing suggests that they should be there. via 8, 9, on the right 10, and 11 on the left.. at the c pillar, just below the glass. TIA Bill

Figure 11J05 shows the wires running along the under side of the fenders going forward
Have you looked farther forward under the cab to see if the wires exit forward of the c pillar
Did the tractor not come with lights or have they been removed, I’m thinking it was a mandatory safety feature on those models

Figure 11J05 shows the wires running along the under side of the fenders going forward
Have you looked farther forward under the cab to see if the wires exit forward of the c pillar
Did the tractor not come with lights or have they been removed, I’m thinking it was a mandatory safety feature on those models
That drawing appears to run from the "light", under the fender, up to the b pillar, and then into the tractor... if I read it correctly. Therefore I removed the cab foam and looked from the b pillar to the c pillar. And there is a taped up wiring harness going by, but....there are no plugs for the lights and the factory tape wrap appears to be undisturbed. I dont know why there are NO lights on the back of this tractor,, why at the same time, ALL of the lights are on the front side.. Tractor does have the trailer plug on the rear though.. Just wondering where should these "plugs" be located so I could make up the short "under fender harness" if needed. Thanks for the help....

A nephew has a 5640sl with cab, it has the lights on the back but I don’t know how soon I could go by and look at it
Maybe someone on the forum has one

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back