Ford 821.... Found this laying in bellhousing ?

marlin54

So I was replacing the clutch input shaft seal as it had alot of oil laying under the shaft inside the bell housing ...and I pulled out the flange and shaft and the seal was very old and junk...I dont understand why as when I pulled the shaft out there was orange permatex there as a gasket and whoever had it off never replaced the $6 dollar seal? and I know when I bought a complete gasket set for the motor I asked about the seal, bearing and gasket and they said they did not have the thin plaper gasket for it ...ok well I understand using the permatex as I will too...but why not fix the oil leak with a new $6 dollar seal ? Sol anyways as I was cleaning the bottom of bellhousing I found the weird looking thick piece? had to slide the cross shaft 1/2 way out to get at the input shaft and thought maybe it fell out when the previous guy had it apart....but I just dont see where it would go...so Just wondering if that part is from inside there somewhere or where it goes if anywhere on this tractor?

Attachments

• 20240327_134602 (1).jpg
    20240327_134602 (1).jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 28
So I was replacing the clutch input shaft seal as it had alot of oil laying under the shaft inside the bell housing ...and I pulled out the flange and shaft and the seal was very old and junk...I dont understand why as when I pulled the shaft out there was orange permatex there as a gasket and whoever had it off never replaced the $6 dollar seal? and I know when I bought a complete gasket set for the motor I asked about the seal, bearing and gasket and they said they did not have the thin plaper gasket for it ...ok well I understand using the permatex as I will too...but why not fix the oil leak with a new $6 dollar seal ? Sol anyways as I was cleaning the bottom of bellhousing I found the weird looking thick piece? had to slide the cross shaft 1/2 way out to get at the input shaft and thought maybe it fell out when the previous guy had it apart....but I just dont see where it would go...so Just wondering if that part is from inside there somewhere or where it goes if anywhere on this tractor?
Part of a starter drive.

Discard.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back