Ford 860 - Need to Replace Front Hydraulic Pump Suction Hose for Loader

RendabML

New User
I have a 1958 Ford 861. It has a Dearborn loader on it. My suction hose to the front hydraulic pump on the engine has split and must be replaced. I have new hose for it and have removed the old one. What is the best way to install the new hose? Do I have to unbolt the pump (looks like a scary job) and move it over to get the new hose into place between the loader frame pipe and the large pipe nipple coming out of the pump or is there a better way?

Thanks!

I have a 1958 Ford 861. It has a Dearborn loader on it. My suction hose to the front hydraulic pump on the engine has split and must be replaced. I have new hose for it and have removed the old one. What is the best way to install the new hose? Do I have to unbolt the pump (looks like a scary job) and move it over to get the new hose into place between the loader frame pipe and the large pipe nipple coming out of the pump or is there a better way?

Thanks!
Apologies, I might have posted this in the wrong forum...

Apologies, I might have posted this in the wrong forum...
Welcome to the Forums. You are in the correct forum for an issue with an 861.

If it is a short hose so the metal ends are close together it is likely moving the pump is the easiest way to go. Piping is not identical on all of them, even if they are the same tractor and loader due to changes/repairs over the years. If you post a picture or two of it, the visual might reveal another way.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back