Ford 9N governor internal question

Mopar55

New User
I have a Ford 9N tractor...I am not sure of the year, but I removed the governor to shim the slack out of the arms...When I took it apart, the internal clutch doesn't have the ball bearings...it has what looks like the internal governor from a Ford 601...I bought the tractor from a guy 5 or six years ago, and he said it was his Grandfathers tractor that he bought brand new...It has worked great for me brush hogging and working my food plot...the governor started acting up becouse of lots of slop in the control arms...I will send a picture of what it looks like....Maybe someone would know if it came like this, or was changed out later on with a repair...Thank You...

Attachments

• 20240507_134808.jpg
    20240507_134808.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I have a Ford 9N tractor...I am not sure of the year, but I removed the governor to shim the slack out of the arms...When I took it apart, the internal clutch doesn't have the ball bearings...it has what looks like the internal governor from a Ford 601...I bought the tractor from a guy 5 or six years ago, and he said it was his Grandfathers tractor that he bought brand new...It has worked great for me brush hogging and working my food plot...the governor started acting up becouse of lots of slop in the control arms...I will send a picture of what it looks like....Maybe someone would know if it came like this, or was changed out later on with a repair...Thank You...
You have aftermarket replacement governor internals.

They were sold by a number of farm parts suppliers, even, TSC, I think.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back