Ford 9N hydraulics

trapperdale

New User
Hi all,
I have a Ford 9n, the question is. Should The "T" shaped control valve slide in and out freely or just the spring and plunger? When I took it apart, the valve would not move. "Could be the problem?"

Thank you

I have a '41 9n and recently had to dismantle the hydraulic system because the cotter pln holding the valve
broke and the valve entered the area in the bottom of the pump body. The valve should slide easily. You'll
have to drop the pump or try to access the control valve and work it loose.

(quoted from post at 20:33:26 10/03/23) I have a '41 9n and recently had to dismantle the hydraulic system because the cotter pln holding the valve
broke and the valve entered the area in the bottom of the pump body. The valve should slide easily. You'll
have to drop the pump or try to access the control valve and work it loose.
0-4

The 9N was introduced in 1939 and the 3-PT lift system only had DRAFT CONTROL. The 8N was introduced in July, 1947 and the system was revamped and now included
POSITION CONTROL. With the NAA in SEP 1952 came yet another revamp and the Hundreds had still another system modification. NONE of the systems can be swapped out. Some
parts remain the same like the N cylinder and piston, but linkages are all different with different setups. The 9N/2N Wishbone Bracket is unique to the system and
when pulling the top cover off for system repair, you must reach in the side inspection covers and dismantle the linkage fingers before you try to remove the cover.
FWIW & FYI, on both 9N & 8N systems, you must leave the system control with cylinder attached bolted to the top cover before pulling the top cover off. Once unit is on
your bench you can then remove the four square head bolts to remove the cylinder. You should be using your I&T F0-4 Manual and MPC (master parts manual) as a guide.
Nowadays, there is a VG hands-on DVD/video from J&D Productions on exactly how to repair the 9N system. Follow the LINK below to get there.

Rx0S7pEl.jpg
ufLv0otl.jpg
pOOX20Xl.jpg
idAbJFBl.jpg

Tim Daley (MI)

(quoted from post at 01:33:33 10/04/23)
Nowadays, there is a VG hands-on DVD/video from J&D Productions on exactly how to repair the 9N system. Follow the LINK below to get there.

Tim Daley (MI)
url]https://youtu.be/hqqtO5lAing[/url]

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back