Found in road

Steve in VA

Occasionally, folks post pics of neat things they've found in the road; hammers, wrenches, saws.

Well, I came up on this a few years ago.
1000003823.jpg

That is just a common "no-trespassing" sign. Normally found where people think that their property is far more interesting and important than it really is. Makes an OK .22 Target for kids, et cetera... Enjoy!

That is a steel tooth roller cone drill bit made for drilling in rock.
Most likely used to drill a water well.
Most of the ones they use for oil wells have removable teeth.
I do not know about water well pipe but if that thing came from an oil well good chance it would be radioactive.

That is a steel tooth roller cone drill bit made for drilling in rock.
Most likely used to drill a water well.
Most of the ones they use for oil wells have removable teeth.
I do not know about water well pipe but if that thing came from an oil well good chance it would be radioactive.
If he has had it several years the hot or radioactiveness has washed off

If he has had it several years the hot or radioactiveness has washed off
I got some drill stem pipe from a guy I worked with. It was cut in lengths to use as horse fence post and top rail. He had some extra so long sitting in a pile it was so rusted it was hard to weld so he gave it to me. I was just going to use it for post anyway. I used it for fence post for at least 20 years till it got so bad I replaced them with T post. Took the old scrap post to the junk yard and they refused to take them because they set off the testing machine.

Occasionally, folks post pics of neat things they've found in the road; hammers, wrenches, saws.

Well, I came up on this a few years ago.View attachment 69156
It’s just an old tooth bit from the oil rigs. I have worn many of them out drilling. Till the cones are ready to fall off and bald as a baby’s bum. Now they got button bits and diamond buts. But they old tooth bit will drill through rock with lots of weight and slow rpm. I have seen them come out with no cones at all, lost in the hole. Then most time it was fishing time. Unless in sand u could push them to the side and get away lucky. That one is way bigger than water well drilling used.

I saw a 2 1/2 ton floor jack lying on the white line on the side of the road once. There was too much traffic or Idve pulled over and grabbed it. I drove by this same spot about a half hour after doing some errands and it was gone. I kicked myself for not stopping when I first saw it. Must've slid off the back of a flatbed or something.

Usually I find wrenches, sockets, screw drivers but that was the first and only jack I've seen by the roadside

Found a HiLift farm jack lying in the middle of the road one day, probably slid off a flat bed. I'll bet someone was not happy when they got home.
I bought one of those when I first got my 8N. Never used it on the 8N or the MF202. I prefer hyd. jacks and wood cribbing. I have a nice floor jack now that I like a lot. It's got a nice flat bottom so it can be used in dirt.

ZbBx5s2.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back