Fuel Return Pipe Union in Fuel Tank (370676R93)

I have a 560 Diesel that I am in the process of restoring. I had the fuel tank off and noticed my diesel return line union does not have
what I think is a check valve on top. I only have the elbow that threads into the tank. I googled the part number and found a union for
$213.00 - WOW!.

Does that union contain a check valve? If so, has anyone ever replaced the union with something else? Is the check needed?

Thanks.

I believe this has been covered here before... the check valve prevents fuel from running out of the fuel return system (with a full tank) if a connection fails or is disconnected in the injection pump/engine area.

The supply line has a petcock, so that side can be shut off for maintenance/pump removal, but without the check valve the return system will backflow if a connection is opened

If you understand that/accept the risks of it, you can eliminate the checkvalve, it has no effect on the running of the engine.

You could even install a small manual valve, but be sure it has been opened before trying to start the engine,.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back