Gas is headed for a buck a gallon in Kansas

Couple of days ago here in SJ. The trouble is they nailed us with a .23cent tax
three years ago. Just went POW!. New tax. Bums. Can't use the correct words.
cvphoto3852.jpg

how come u guys get cheap fuel? ours is over 5.00 per gallon. over one dollar per litre.

Canadian Tire in Lindsay. But I did get some points! Man did I get ripped off. My old dodge was almost on the E as well. Seems like Lindsay is always more than anywhere else.

Thanks to good old fashioned US ingenuity.

No thanks to a certain pol party.

Dean

It jumped .45 cents here Thur night. Have no idea what. It was $2.05, now its $2.49.

Is that unusual up there? Here one station will have 89 octane gas for $2.55 per gallon, 2 miles down the road it will be $2.65, further on $2.69 ect

Local retail dealers associations (illegally) conspire to periodically jack local prices 25-35 cents at all locations before allowing the price to return to market conditions over several days.

By doing so, they increase profits by integrating the area under the price curve even in falling price conditions.

Dean

Regular gas has been $3.19, for several months now, and recently dropped to$ 3.09, but seems to have got stuck there. This is Yelm Washington.

I filled my small car and two 5+ gallon cans on Jan 31 before my January Kroger fuel points expired. Price was 2.399. I paid 1.449 after using my Kroger points.

Kroger limits customers to 35 gallons per fuel point purchase and I usually try to buy the full 35 gallons but I'm not using much gas anymore and only had 2 empty cans.

As I've said before, OPEC has lost control of oil prices. It is unlikely that they will ever get it back, at least not in my lifetime.

Gotta love good old US innovation.

Be wary, though, as state governments will use this "opportunity" to jack gasoline taxes.

Dean

Up here in central Alberta .... regular pump gas going for $0.92 CDN per litre. Some places discount that a bit.

So flipping that to Imperial and US gallons ....

$4.18 CDN per Imperial gallon or $3.47 CDN per US gallon or $2.60 USD per US gallon.

I think I got the math correct .... an Imperial gallon is 4.55 litres, a US gallon is 3.78 litres, a Canadian dollar is about $0.75 US dollar (or a US dollar is worth about $1.33 CDN).

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back