Got to clean it up

Tgrasher

When I bought this 730 diesel I knew the water pump was out on it, and by looking behind the bent open screen I was able to see what a mess the front bracket was. While disassembling the front to get to the water pump it dawned on me that the frame (cultivator support) was missing. Another to my list on my quick fixes thread at Tractor & Farm Talk forum but I digress. It's got to be a compulsive-obsessive disorder in me that compels me to clean and paint when ever I take apart a section of a tractor. So far two mouse nests and what I believe is the original dirt, from the tractors first day in the field, at the bottom of one inch of oil caked crud. Many would do a superficial clean up just to be able to put the pump on and I understand that. Now should I paint the radiator too?

Attachments

• 20240508_062246.jpg
    20240508_062246.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20240506-125255_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240506-125255_Gallery.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 56
I like to paint parts, new or used, I am replacing or even working on so a few years from now I know what I did.

When I bought this 730 diesel I knew the water pump was out on it, and by looking behind the bent open screen I was able to see what a mess the front bracket was. While disassembling the front to get to the water pump it dawned on me that the frame (cultivator support) was missing. Another to my list on my quick fixes thread at Tractor & Farm Talk forum but I digress. It's got to be a compulsive-obsessive disorder in me that compels me to clean and paint when ever I take apart a section of a tractor. So far two mouse nests and what I believe is the original dirt, from the tractors first day in the field, at the bottom of one inch of oil caked crud. Many would do a superficial clean up just to be able to put the pump on and I understand that. Now should I paint the radiator too?
I wouldn't paint that tractor. Used motor oil will shine'er right up. Nice tractor. RB

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back