Governor spring

Jiminnc

New User
Had a problem with Jubilee stalling/dying under a load (when the governor kicks in). First tractor....
I cannot find this spring in my shop manual or parts book or online catalogs. Lots on "n" tractors. Am I missing something or is this a junkyard part. .Is there a good shop manual for the jubilee. Thank you for your guidance.

Attachments

• 20240415_191235.jpg
    20240415_191235.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20240416_155908.jpg
    20240416_155908.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
Thank you sir . Dang looked right past it. Will try to adjust in the morning. Thanks for part #. Hopefully it's not the governor itself.

Had a problem with Jubilee stalling/dying under a load (when the governor kicks in). First tractor....
I cannot find this spring in my shop manual or parts book or online catalogs. Lots on "n" tractors. Am I missing something or is this a junkyard part. .Is there a good shop manual for the jubilee. Thank you for your guidance.
"Dying under load" typically is a CARBURETOR or fuel supply problem.

Trying to read the id tag on this carburetor. 59 8, is the mfgr date 8th month of 59. Then 28. Anyone make out any other number or way to identify this guy. Gotta get some more cleaner to get the crud off. Want To be sure and get the right repair kit. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 20240418_122624.jpg
    20240418_122624.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20240418_131558.jpg
    20240418_131558.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Trying to read the id tag on this carburetor. 59 8, is the mfgr date 8th month of 59. Then 28. Anyone make out any other number or way to identify this guy. Gotta get some more cleaner to get the crud off. Want To be sure and get the right repair kit. Thanks for the help.
That is probably a TSX 28 (or 428), a Marvel Schebler carb. You can even see the "T". Do a little searching and you will probably find this to be a stock carb for your Jubilee. Here's some info on the 428.

Last edited:
Hello Jim welcome to YT! What kind of fuel flow comes out of the fuel line when you open the valve now that the carb is off? If only a trickle that is probably your problem. If it doesn’t flow well you have to figure out where it is restricted.

That is probably a TSX 28 (or 428), a Marvel Schebler carb. You can even see the "T". Do a little searching and you will probably find this to be a stock carb for your Jubilee. Here's some info on the 428.

Thanks for the clarification and the link, very helpful. Ordered a rebuild kit.
here’s a link to a 601 spring replacement here at yesterdays

Hello Jim welcome to YT! What kind of fuel flow comes out of the fuel line when you open the valve now that the carb is off? If only a trickle that is probably your problem. If it doesn’t flow well you have to figure out where it is restricted.
Thanks Red
Fuel flow is good (just installed new sediment bowl and blew out line ). With suggestions from others I've ordered a carb rebuild kit. Tore down, carb pretty gunked up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back