Help on 3 point hydraulics

stevieb49829

I made some changes on my hydraulics. The tractor is a MH 101 Jr. but that doesn't really matter, since all the hydraulics are user added, and most components are new. I have two pumps: one small one behind the governor that used to run my home made 3 point (and it worked well), and one in front, running off the crankshaft pulley for the FEL. I built a full hydro steering for this tractor, and replumbed my small 3 point pump to run only the steering. It works just as designed.

I then replumbed my 3 point to the power beyond port on my FEL valve, which is set up for power beyond. Now the 3 point will only raise under no load. I can force it up, and it will stay there, but it has no
significant power to raise either my big tiller, or my heavy back blade, or my 165 lb self. The only things I can think of, because I bled everything, is that the tank return for the 3 point now T's into the
tank return from the FEL valve, just ahead of the filter. Could that back flow back to the FEL valve and screw things up? Or is my power beyond at the FEL valve suspect? steve

There may be an internal plug that needs to be installed to convert the loader valve to power beyond. Usually it is installed in a recessed location through one of the valve ports. The plug separates the internal open center out flow directing it only to the power beyond port and not letting it dump into the return line to the reservoir. You have to be careful plugs are also intatalled in ports in this same way to convert valves for use on a closed center system. Opening or disconnecting the fluid in and power beyond port and making sure air can be blown through will assure you the the installed plug is performing the correct function.

Thanks, Red. I just pulled the plug on the 2 spool loader valve, and it's just a port plug. The valve was supposed to come plumbed for Power Beyond, but I think I need a different plug in that spot. I'll need to do some more research on that Cross valve and make sure what plug needs to be in that port. Thanks again. steve

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back