Help with "Bush hog" blade bolts....Identify o

Luke0927

Hello everyone needing some help hoping folks may have some advice and could possibly identify what vendor made this cutter.

I have a inherited a 5' rotary cutter from my grandpa.

I need to replace the blade and I had to cut the bolts out because they were in such bad shape.

Land pride bolts are to large of diameter (by about an 1/8").

Bush hog Brand bolts are about 1/2" to short (3" length)

unfortunately most of the ag stores around me have long closed down because of growth, and I'm looking online.

Would anyone have an idea who may of made this cutter? It has a model tag of C-60-LTH and seems to be original red paint.

I need about a 4" bolt with the sleeve, if I had one slightly longer than a bushhog brand one I should be able to make it work but not having much luck online. if I didn't need the sleeve to center up the blade I'd make one work from bolts at hardware store.

mvphoto108610.jpg

mvphoto108611.jpg

mvphoto108612.jpg

This post was edited by Luke0927 on 08/16/2023 at 06:13 am.

AI still offers aftermarket bolts for the 60-LT cutters. Part # A-7A5500. Any dealer can order from AI, or you can google the AI part number and you'll find a supplier online.

you Guys are awesome.

Looks like Hardee is over in SC I'm in North GA haven't heard of their brand before.

I borrowed a friend's bush hog (John Deere, 7 footer... big old beast). In return, I promised to sharpen the blades for him. I thought I would get the blade bolts out with my handy-dandy 1/2" impact wrench. At worst, maybe I would have to heat them up with a torch.

Both failed miserably.

I did a little research online, and that is where I learned about "torque multipliers."

On the JD bush hogs, the bolts were initially torqued to some obscene specification, something like...700ft lbs?? (my memory is fuzzy...it was a large, large number).

To remove them, you would need even more.

In the end, I found that there was enough room under the deck to put the bush hog up on big wooden blocks and simply run my 4-1/2" angle grinder over the blades. Worked wonders. My friend was happy.

Moral of the story is, if you don't know what make/model you have, you're blind to the torque specs for those blade bolts. No manual to tell you. There is a good chance that you had to torch those bad boys, because there is no other way without a torque multiplier.

Good luck, sincerely...they can be N A S T Y to remove and install.

I use my loader tractor to tip them on their side & then
sharpen. Or you can use a come a long & a tree too. I dont
like to crawl under things. Especially now, its to hard to get
up any more.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back