Help with case 1816 b left arm

Rlsmith04

New User
I bought a case 1816 b the other day and it’s in pretty good condition. I’m having a problem with it turning. When I activate the clutch the tractor drives straight forward and backward, and turns left no problem. It will not turn right without bringing the other handle backwards (won’t turn right going forward). It’s almost like one side has the majority power and the other doesn’t have enough.

I’m trying to go through everything. We’ve replaced belts. Cleaned it. Checked the chains. Before I get too far, anyone have any experience that can help me? Want to make turning left and right smooth

Thanks in advance

Make sure the belts are tight. I have the same issue with my 1818 if one belt gets loose. Also look for oil on the belt, had that happen too. Next is to check the linkages to make sure they are right. If that's all good, you are looking at a pump or motor. Try digging with it to see if both sides pull together.

Make sure the belts are tight. I have the same issue with my 1818 if one belt gets loose. Also look for oil on the belt, had that happen too. Next is to check the linkages to make sure they are right. If that's all good, you are looking at a pump or motor. Try digging with it to see if both sides pull together.
Digging, raising, tilt, all the components work flawless. It seems to lift over the 700lb limit online. I’ll check those things. The belt motors are not even on both sides. I’ll see if that adjustment makes a difference. Finicky little beasts then?

Thank you again for your reply

Digging, raising, tilt, all the components work flawless. It seems to lift over the 700lb limit online. I’ll check those things. The belt motors are not even on both sides. I’ll see if that adjustment makes a difference. Finicky little beasts then?

Thank you again for your reply
There is not much adjustment on the belt tension on the drives, so if one belt is longer they won't pull right. If one side is different from the other but the belts are the same, check your engine mounts and make sure the engine is centered.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back