Help with Kewanee disc bearing replacement

Gambles

Okay, I will admit I'm a little short on details on this post. My coworker and I were at limited time and I didn't get the important details...like the disc model number. :mad:
To begin with, he took me to his farm and told me that he had a disc bearing that went out. The disc is super faded from sitting outside all these years and I didn't get a model number. I have never worked on a Kewanee disc before and I've never sees a setup quite like this one. Using wrenches, sockets and an electric impact, we managed to get the bearing housing separated from the frame of the disc. The bearing housing is held in place by u-bolts, not carriage bolts. We got the housing off, looked at it just a little bit and I had to bail on him because of previous commitments. But I'm pretty sure I know how it goes apart and together, I just need to pick the brains of the well-imformed on this group. This is what (I think) he will need to order. And to get these bearings, races and seals in and out, they just need to be pressed in and out, correct? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• kewanee.JPG
    kewanee.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 20
Gambles, if you do ever find out the model number of the Kewanee please post back what it iis, it sounds like it could be the same as mine and i have a bearing seized up as well. I cannot find the model number anywhere on my disc. I saw one exactly like mine advertised at an auction last week, phoned the auctioneer and asked him if he could get me the model number and he could not.

Gambles, if you do ever find out the model number of the Kewanee please post back what it iis, it sounds like it could be the same as mine and i have a bearing seized up as well. I cannot find the model number anywhere on my disc. I saw one exactly like mine advertised at an auction last week, phoned the auctioneer and asked him if he could get me the model number and he could not.
i have a 14 ft kewaunee finish disc and it takes those bearings. go to shoups website and look at. sh7900. that is the part number for those bearings.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back