Help with Super A Radiator

I had taken the radiator off my 1952 Farmall Super A Serial number 336453. Got the radiator flushed out. Put all back together, no leaks! Started the tractor up after working on the carb. Let it run for a bit and I noticed antifreeze dripping on the floor. Shut it off, It is dripping out of the top seam and onto the fan slinging it all over. I am thinking I need a new radiator. Mine measures 17.5 wide, 21.25 tall from bottom to top of neck with 3/4 inch neck. Both inlet and outlet pipes are 2". I have noticed a lot of difference in price. some for $199, some as high as $500. Not sure which one to get. Here is a picture of the tag on the current radiator. I really want to try to keep it as cheap as possible. I have also noticed the new ones do not include the fan shroud. My shroud looks good. Is that something I can take off old and put on new? Bolted on?
mvphoto4556.jpg

If it is the black deposit shown, it can be fixed using a 120 to 150 watt soldering iron and acid core solder. Clean it to bright
and shiny like 150 grit paper. then use the iron hot to heat the copper and melt in a bead of conventional tin/lead solder. do not
overheat it or you will make other places leak. It must drained down below the work at least 3 inches. If you are not
comfortable take it to a shop, that is a cheap repair place. Jim

Have you looked into having that one repaired? Not many real radiator shops around anymore. but there are a few that specialize in heavy equipment/trucks that can still repair one.

Even if it costs as much as an aftermarket, it will fit better and last longer.

If you do go the new aftermarket, unless there is a difference in the size or capacity, go with the cheaper one. Chances are they are all the same, just whatever someone thinks they can get.

Be sure to keep the old one though, you may want it someday...

And however the shroud attaches, yes, reuse it, it needs to be there.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back