Hi all. Looking at a mf175

steveinil

New User
Hi all. New to the forum. I've read some and have been looking for a mf 150 or 165 but came across a 175 gasser. I am going to go look at it sat. It's a 74 with a mf loader on it. Supposed to run and operate well. Recently had the gas tank cleaned and carb cleaned or rebuild. It's at a dealer there asking 2900.00 seems like a pretty good deal? I've seen them close to 3k without a loader but never under 5 with a loader. I know the front ends are something to check and the mp. If it has one.

Seems on the cheap end especially for being at a dealer. I would look it over really good, it could have other problems. Gassers are a hard sell these days.

Yeah a diesel is definitely preferred but for 3k it's hard to pass up. It was 4k it just dropped. The salesman said they have driven it around and everything works as it should. He says he doesn't think it has mp. So maybe it does and it just doesn't work. And that's why the 3k

PROPERLY functioning power steering is going to be important with a loader whether gas or diesel. There are usually problems in that area. Some can be a simple fix, some not so much. Pay attention to that.

Here is a Pic of it.

Attachments

• 20240514_155841.jpg
    20240514_155841.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 52
Ended up buying it. Seems to run and operate pretty good. Steering is a little sloppy. But steers pretty good. Doesn't look like it's seen grease in a while. Also has a power steering leak at the pump. No bolts at all holding the hood on lol.

Nice looking tractor. There are three grease nipples on the power steering steering cylinder behind the grill that often get neglected. A manual is a must have if you don't have one already.

Ended up buying it. Seems to run and operate pretty good. Steering is a little sloppy. But steers pretty good. Doesn't look like it's seen grease in a while. Also has a power steering leak at the pump. No bolts at all holding the hood on lol.
Looks like you got a decent deal at that price. Tires look good - on a used tractor thats a huge factor. Good luck!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back