How to Wire Lights on Farmall Super C

This message is a reply to an archived post by Lucid on June 20, 2018 at 13:06:39.
The original subject was Re: How to Wire Lights on Farmall Super C.

Lucid, I spent half a day cleaning out the old wiring. I lifted the mount column and placed a 2X4 under it, loosen and removed the
tube to drill out wires jammed up in there, placed all back to column. Took another half day trying to get a snake wire through,
but couldn't do it. Read your post and used a snake rope with a fishing leader and a lead weight. Thank you so much for your
excellent suggestion!
Robert

You can also tie a cotton ball or a small piece of light cloth on some light string like a chalk line and suck it thru with a shop vac. Tape the wire to string and pull it thru.

Hey Rick, That is great,but have it all set thanks! That is what I call thinking outside the box.
Now maybe one of you can tell me how to get it wired up to the light switch and back to the meter? talking 12 volts. Thanks again.
Robert

It's not difficult.

Lights should be pulling power from the L terminal on the regulator but as a shortcut you can connect them to the ignition switch side of the ammeter. Same difference, lots less wire involved.

From the ammeter, to the fuse holder. From the fuse holder to the light switch BAT. Then two or three (depending on the switch and lights you have) power connections to the lights. All lights ground to the frame of the tractor.

mvphoto78475.jpg

BarnyardEngineering, Thank you for this important information as I have never done any wiring with a new 12 volt alternator before.
Never had I expected the sensitivity of this circuitry, thought all was correct and left the lights out of the circuit because of a
spark under the light switch so removed it and the tractor only ran for about 3 minutes. Back to the drawing board.
Robert

Ok, clarify "two positions." OFF counts as a position, so does it click once or twice?

It's probably the older style switch, but the connections would be the same. Power in, front lights, rear light, and (maybe) red light. Depends on if your rear light has a switch on it or two wires.

Wiring is wiring. Not sure where you got that I said it was "sensitive" because it really isn't beyond not causing direct short circuits.

Okay, I have it figured out thank you, took my ohm meter and all is well. Yes, it is the old style. Thank you again.
Robert

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back