hydraulic drain

Bob Jenkins

New User
where do I find the rear drain for hydraulic fluid in Ford 8N? Under the differential there's a part of the casting that looks like a 6 inch long 3/4" pipe with a pipe plug. I was told that it wasn't the drain. I don't see any other plug in the region. Thanks ahead for your comment

Bob.........believe it or not, that pipe plug is the 3rd hydro-tranny drain to the 5-gals of hydro-tranny oil. Drain the diffy plug first 'cuz it peeeees with some accuracy, then drain the 3" tranny, then finally the 3"-hydroplate. ......Dell

3 drains under an N.. a bung under the trans.. and int he hyd pump base, and rear of tht a pip plug under the diffy, just before a drawbar bracket, if present.

it's common sump.. but best to drain in all places

soundguy

Dell is so right because once you take out the "big" plug it is awefully hard to control the oil when it comes out. Thats the voice of experiance. The first time I drained the rearend of a 9-2-8n was quit the mess,alot of oil dri that day.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back