hydraulic help ?

rndy3788

I have a 2590 that I have been unable to use because I am unable to get the hydraulics to work correct its been sitting for several ys, and now I have decided to get it running correctly . engine powershift, transmision all seem great but the hydraulics have me baffled , is anyone in southern mn or wisconsin that knows about fixing and has the tools to test the differnt componets and get it right so I dont burn out a pump , I am lost with this thing , thanks for anyadvice Randy

Best I can do is suggest a Case repair manual. YT does
not carry the Case manual so I will suggest to go to
Farm Manuals Fast, you can download the 1400 plus
manual there for $50. It also looks like Saeli Equipment
offers a paper copy for $30. I do not know if you seen
it but a few posts down a poster had trouble with the
hydraulics on his 1175. Sounded like some fairly simple
valve work solved his problem.

(quoted from post at 11:58:22 10/27/23) Could you let us know what the hyd. are doing or not doing.

Marlin
The tractor seems to shift ok although sometimes seems to hang up in reverse especially, but is totally unable to lift anything using any remotes , it has brakes and steering though, it had a third remote added several yrs ago and thats about when it really started going bad ! thank you

There are a couple of parts in the remote valve called the primary shuttle and secondary shuttle. I have fixed this problem on a few tractors that it was a simple as replacing the oring on one of the shuttles. I was hoping mEl or someone would explain it for you better than I can. You can send me an email and we can talk and I can explain it better. By the way this is a totally different system than the 70 series.

Yes , closed system with pressure/flow compensation compared to a standard open system, the system only makes what it needs to do the job. It uses a piston pump with a control piston to set the swash plate angle to control flow. The valves for the remotes do contain balls that seat off to make sure sensing flow is directed back to a compensator valve which controls swash plate angle, these sensor balls have orings on their cartridges that can get gone, I assume the valve added is just added into the stack as normal and not some home brew setup. 2290 and myself worked together and he helped me to solve an issue on a 2294 so He is more than qualified to help and if he has some diagnostic hints I hope he pops in. Usually when check Orings are blown systems past the blown Oring sections will not work. The system we worked on turned out to be a bad compensator.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back