Hydraulic oil in oil pan

granpa49

New User
1994 Ford 3930 model CA514C, hydraulic pump 4C25B. Hydraulic oil is filling the oil pan. Where do I start? I am not sure where the hydraulic oil pump is on this tractor. I haven't found anything that tells me if the pump is motor mounted or if it is in the rear housing. If it is in the rear housing, how is it putting oil in the engine?

That tractor most likely has two pumps for the hydraulic system. The main pump is in the right side of the rear axle center housing and there is no way for hydraulic fluid to get from that one into the engine crank case. The second auxiliary pump, if it has one, and I suspect that it does, is mounted on the left side of the engine as you're sitting on the seat, near the flywheel. There should be external hard lines between that auxiliary pump and the right side of the center housing. If that auxiliary pump develops a leak in the shaft seal, then it can pump hydraulic fluid into the engine with no external sign of a leak.

If your 3930 has the dual pump hydraulic system it will have the second pump mounted on the left side of the engine like the pump and filter in the photo
A leaking shaft seal here can allow hydraulic fluid to leak into the engine
Are you having to add power steering fluid, a common issue is a worn power steering pump shaft seal leaking fluid into the engine

mvphoto109538.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back