IH Loadstar electronic ignition

the tractor vet

This message is a reply to an archived post by jzdieseltech94 on January 04, 2016 at 10:23:15.
The original subject was "IH Loadstar electronic ignition".

All i can tell you about this is good luck as one of my old customers is going thru the same problems . and yes he has bought two off the net and oh guess what , they were JUNK and did NOT work . I have no books on this and everybody that knew anything about them are now long dead and GONE . And yes we have tried talking to the local I H Navistar places and all ya get is the DEER IN THE HEADLITE SARE . I even went sofar as tryen to change it out to a points set up buy usen and old I H point dist. out of a 534 gas , Nope it did not work . SO like he said as soon as his well comes in his 1700 loadstar is out of there. And he is going a diesel .

I had problems getting the pick up in the distributor in that set up. Ive probably have couple good used boxes I saved. What I did on the 3 that had problems was put a pertronix unit in it with their coil and done away with the box on firewall. They had a kit listed for that set up. I have the part number put up somewhere and be glad to help if I can find it, lol.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back