Injectors seals on 1.5l Cummins engine

dpauly

New User
Having received some good advice on here in my quest to better understand my tractor's fuel system, wondering if anyone knows what the Injector pressures should be on a 2011 vintage Cummins 1.5l (3 cyl. Branson 3120 tractor w/ Zexel VE type injector pump)? After disassembling/cleaning/reassembling my injectors, all 3 indicated at 2800 psi on one of those cheap pump testers like one can find all over the internet for about $90. (Unfortunately, technical info for Bransons seems to be as closely guarded as nuclear launch codes . . .)

Next question: any opinions on whether the Injector Seals should routinely be changed whenever an injector is removed/replaced on this engine?
In reading posts on diesel engines in general (cars, trucks) it seems to be critical on certain engines that these cups be replaced each time due to potential coolant leaks into the cylinders; but I'm not sure if the same applies to my engine. The existing seals appear to be in decent shape.

Once again, thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

That engine will run with them cracking at 2200 but might be hard starting . Injectors seals, new is better but probably get buy with what is there .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back