International 2400B industrial tractor

willbill

New User
My 2400B just developed a transmission issue.Clutch will disengage/engage but will only allow me to engage in it's current forward gear.When I try to shift into reverse or another gear setting the engine starts to bog down without a gear engagement.Also,the shuttle shift forward gear that is functioning is at the neutral position.My concern is availability of replacement transmission parts if I have it serviced.Thanks.

Sounds like transmission linkage problem, trying to engage a forward and reverse gear at the same time. Need to clean and lube all linkages, then adjust. Might be just binding and cleaning everything let it go into gear as it should....James

Sounds like transmission linkage problem, trying to engage a forward and reverse gear at the same time. Need to clean and lube all linkages, then adjust. Might be just binding and cleaning everything let it go into gear as it should....James
Thanks for the advice.I hope it is something that is just an adjustment, etc

My 2400B just developed a transmission issue.Clutch will disengage/engage but will only allow me to engage in it's current forward gear.When I try to shift into reverse or another gear setting the engine starts to bog down without a gear engagement.Also,the shuttle shift forward gear that is functioning is at the neutral position.My concern is availability of replacement transmission parts if I have it serviced.Thanks.
Check your shift linkage first, common problem when they get some slop in them. They will pop out of the slot and move into another gear , locking the trans in two gears

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back