Introduction

Hello everyone, I'm 18 and I'm a 3rd gen farmer in delta junction Alaska, we do 200 acres of brome and Timothy grass hay and we also do barley and oats for silage bales we currently have a 1968 jd 4020 and a jd 7020 (idk what year) and hope to be expanding on our operation and equipment soon
Welcome aboard.
If you can weather the storm you will find a wealth of knowledge here.

Hello everyone, I'm 18 and I'm a 3rd gen farmer in delta junction Alaska, we do 200 acres of brome and Timothy grass hay and we also do barley and oats for silage bales we currently have a 1968 jd 4020 and a jd 7020 (idk what year) and hope to be expanding on our operation and equipment soon
Farming in Alaska huh? That's gotta' be an interesting life....Enjoy the forum!

Welcome, hope you stick around and from time to time post about farming in Alaska.

Welcome. Some years ago there was a fellow on here from Alaska. If I remember correctly, he was down along the coast cutting oats with an old Gleaner combine. Participants here, from anywhere other than the "lower 48" are most interesting. Is Delta Junction on the Alcan highway?

Farming in Alaska? I would like to learn more about that> Tell us more. Bill

Welcome to YT. Tons of knowledge here. Also no shortage of opinion's so keep your seatbelt fastened.

Welcome. Some years ago there was a fellow on here from Alaska. If I remember correctly, he was down along the coast cutting oats with an old Gleaner combine. Participants here, from anywhere other than the "lower 48" are most interesting. Is Delta Junction on the Alcan highway?
Here's an interesting tidbit ,the ''Alcan Highway'' is in Canada ,not Alaska !!!

Welcome! We love pictures of farming operations, big or small, new or old. Lots and lots of pictures.

Welcome to our enclave. We put time and knowledge toward helping as best we can. One must remember we come from across the world and tractor colors. Our life experiences add up to millenniums of experience and education. As well as experiential education. Filtering through our responses to glean the best answer will be interesting. As time goes by you will contribute as much as you gain. Best of good fortune. Jim

Farming in Alaska? I would like to learn more about that> Tell us more. Bill
Hey farming in alaska is fun everyone here just started planting 3 weeks ago for grain/peas oats, barley, peas, some wheat and other random cover crops like sunflowers or mustard seeds are also grown here my friend is trying to grow corn up here this summer maybe he has the first corn planter I've ever seen in alaska

Absolutely! Tell us more; lots more. I'm assuming that you're close yo the coast so weather somewhat consistent. Oh, and lots of pics!!
I live in the interior of Alaska 300 miles from the Canadian border everything is just starting up for the year farming wise these pics were from last year of doing some tillage to reseed into grass hay it gets to 80 and 90 degrees in the summer here it's been round 60 to 65 for the past 3 weeks and now getting rain sadly which is just slowing things down

Attachments

• 20230613_184653.jpg
    20230613_184653.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
  • 20230613_184702.jpg
    20230613_184702.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230613_202022.jpg
    20230613_202022.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 48

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back