JD 2020 LIFT ARMS WONT LOWER

mb5805

New User
I own a JD 2020 utility model. Recently I attempted to hook up to a bushhog
The three point lift arms would not go down. If they are fully raised they will lower about 6 inches but no further. I have changed the draft lever position
to every position with no effect. I have stood on the arms and it has no effect. Ive had this tractor for 30 years and never had any trouble with it along these lines. I was told there is a " rate of drop" adjustment screw somewhete around the seat area. Can anyone help me with this problem?

(quoted from post at 15:04:59 12/03/22) I own a JD 2020 utility model. Recently I attempted to hook up to a bushhog
The three point lift arms would not go down. If they are fully raised they will lower about 6 inches but no further. I have changed the draft lever position
to every position with no effect. I have stood on the arms and it has no effect. Ive had this tractor for 30 years and never had any trouble with it along these lines. I was told there is a " rate of drop" adjustment screw somewhete around the seat area. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I'm not sure what you've got going on, but, FWIW, here's the ''Rate of Drop'' adjustment.

8iSsUEf.jpg

You can download the Operator's Manual (.pdf format) for FREE at the link below.

https://techpubs.deere.com/en-us/Search/Equipment

If turning R-O-D screw CCW doesn't allow 3 pt to lower then I'll guess cam follower(shaded part in photo) is out of correct position in 3 pt control linkage or spring is loose or broken.

mvphoto99941.png

I second Jim's idea. The cam follower on mine was out of position and it did the same thing. Start the tractor and the lift arms would go up. To correct it I took the cover loose and raised it just a couple of inches. My wife used a long screw driver to align everything as I lowered the cover.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back