JD 401 B Pressure control valve

37chief

I have a pressure control valve. Mounted to the transmission housing, on the right side next to the main hydraulic filter, on the lower side of the tractor. There is a steel pressure tube going to this valve, Then a rubber pressure hose up to a bank, of three hand valves mounted on the rear fender. I never use. The valves go to nothing. I have a leak from the pressure control valve where it connects to he outside of the transmission. Can I just cap off the steel pressure line to the pressure control valve? The way see it is, all this valve does is control the pressure from the hand valves on the fender, or does this valve control the main tractor hydraulic pressure? Any thoughts? Stan

Yes you can cap off supply line to pressure control valve if you don't use scv or 3pt hitch.
If I raise and lower my 3pt mower, looks like I can't cap off the line. I see there is a O ring between the valve and the transmission housing I will replace that. That's a good pace for a leak. I will take off the foot rest, and tackle the valve from the top. At 81, I can't work on my back much anymore. Thanks for the help. stan

If I raise and lower my 3pt mower, looks like I can't cap off the line. I see there is a O ring between the valve and the transmission housing I will replace that. That's a good pace for a leak. I will take off the foot rest, and tackle the valve from the top. At 81, I can't work on my back much anymore. Thanks for the help. stan
With the footrest off it should be an easy fix. I recommend you get the parts for that location from John Deere.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back