JD 620 transmission to powershaft seal

Are you sure those retainers that slip around the clutch collar didn't fall off the fork when you installed the clutch assembly??. I remember those being a real bear to try and get lined up with the clutch collar and keeping them from falling off the fork at the same time. Don't know if taking a look through the side inspection hole would help or not.

Possible, plan to look thru inspection hole today and my best guess is it will have to be pulled again, ughh. It was so much fun putting back in the last time. Found a couple pics I took of the PTO clutch before reinstalling. Any one notice anything that looks assembled incorrectly?

Attachments

• Clutch 1.jpg
    Clutch 1.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 9
  • Clutch 2.jpg
    Clutch 2.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 9
Is the orientation on this fork right? Wondering if I have it backwards. That or maybe not in right position on shaft, off a spline maybe. Pulled it all out again and everything else looks fine.
1000002537.jpg

Put it back together for 4th time and it seems to be working fine now. Not sure what changed or what was done differently.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back