JD AR Hydraulic Ram Mount / Display

pinski

New User
Hello everyone. I have the original Power Trol hydraulic cylinder for my 1952 JD AR. Now that the tractor is restored and not used for farm work any longer, I am wondering if anyone has some creative ideas to mount the ram somewhere / somehow on the tractor for display? I’d like the hydraulics connected and be able to extend / retract the ram for show. Has anyone built a bracket or mounted it somehow to the drawbar? Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
Shannon

In the parts manual for the A and the AR they show 2 of them. On page 137 is the remote-control cylinder fixed stop type break down and key #3 part #A3637R is the cylinder hanger and on the following page is the break down for the hydraulic stop type and key #1 is part #A4452R. I believe the first one uses a U bolt to clamp it on the rockshaft housing and the other bolts onto the platform. I believe the latter one is the appropriate on for the AR, but if you google the part # and include John Deere, you will get examples of each.

Thanks for that info. I do not have a parts manual to see the drawings on page 137. I looked at both part numbers and am struggling to understand where they would mount. Could you send me the diagrams from the manual. Thanks

Shannon

Parts manual does not show them mounted nor where they would mount. As I said, A2627R has a U bolt do mount to the rockshaft housing and A4452R mounts on the platform with two bolts. Most of these are mounted on the rear step close to under the seat. In both cases the cylinder hangs on the rear of the tractor by the yoke and pin.

I found the parts breakdown on JD website. See attached, I think that's what you were referring to. I have shown a picture of the back of my tractor. I am at a bit of a loss for exactly where the bracket would mount, but thinking you may need to take out the 2 bolts holding the Powertrol reservoir to the floor boards and it installs there underneath. Really hoping someone out there would have a picture of it actually mounted and the cylinder sitting on it. That would be a big help. Thanks

Shannon

Attachments

• Back of Tractor.JPG
    Back of Tractor.JPG
    652.6 KB · Views: 27
  • JD A4452R Cylinder Transport.JPG
    JD A4452R Cylinder Transport.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 26
  • JD A4452R Cylinder Transport Parts.JPG
    JD A4452R Cylinder Transport Parts.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 26

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back