JD40 VR removal

Lisa Raven

New User
Im in the process of cleaning up all the electrical connections on my 1955 JD 40 Utility (6V pos. ground) and cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the VR ffrom behind the instrument panel. Im stumped! Is there something super obvious im not seeing? Also any advise on how to remove rusted on screws would be great! Thank you.
Lisa Raven
California Central Valley

Do you have the hood and side panels removed? Keep soaking the rusty screws with pb blaster or something similar.

It's hard to get at, be patient.
I'm assuming that the mounting bolts are one on each side, but if so... sure can't see the darn things. I just keep feeling aroung from the front side and from the back side, and as ET suggested have been using PB Blaster in the general area for when I CAN get at the rusty little you know whats. Patience I DO have though, as now I am more determined than ever to see this old girl run.

I'm assuming that the mounting bolts are one on each side, but if so... sure can't see the darn things. I just keep feeling aroung from the front side and from the back side, and as you suggested have been using PB Blaster in the general area for when I CAN get at the rusty little you know whats. Patience I DO have though, as now I am more determined than ever to see this old girl run.

There's a mounting plate near the bottom. A capscrew on each side. You can see the two bolt holes in the pic. I pulled these pics from the net. Not sure if it bolts from the front or back but the pic shows the 4 screw holes where you would remove the front panel screws if necessary.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505_191730_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505_191730_eBay.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20240505_191912_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505_191912_eBay.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 20
There's a mounting plate near the bottom. A capscrew on each side. You can see the two bolt holes in the pic. I pulled these pics from the net. Not sure if it bolts from the front or back but the pic shows the 4 screw holes where you would remove the front panel screws if necessary.
Aha, this helps alot. Can't thank you enough.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back