John Deere 2240 - D-20 test gauge

cizmas

I would like to measure the oil pressure on my 2240. The JD manual says to use a D-20 test gauge. I searched online for this D-20 test gauge but found nothing.

Is this D-20 test gauge still available to purchase? Is there an alternative?

Thank you!

I would like to measure the oil pressure on my 2240. The JD manual says to use a D-20 test gauge. I searched online for this D-20 test gauge but found nothing.

Thank you!

Thank you!
I am guessing you are asking about checking engine oil pressure. The D-20 gauge is likely a pressure gauge in a JD test tool kit. It is likely fairly high quality, might be liquid filled and gets calibrated regularly if instructions are followed. That is overkill for what you want. Go to a parts store and get a good quality 1/8 NPT back mount auto engine oil pressure gauge with a top range of 80 to 100 psi. A long grease gun hose and a coupling will connect to the port on the gauge. Then you may need an adapter between the hose and engine block to match the threads on the sending unit for the oil warning light, if it is not 1/8 NPT, which the hose will thread directly into.

If you are talking about checking Hydraulic oil pressure you will need a different set up.

Jim, thank you! Yes, indeed, I want to check the engine oil pressure.
Do you happen to know what is the thread on the engine block? The manual says to replace the engine oil pressure sensor with the D-20 gauge, but it does not say anything about the thread size?
Thank you,
Paul

Jim, thank you! Yes, indeed, I want to check the engine oil pressure.
Do you happen to know what is the thread on the engine block? The manual says to replace the engine oil pressure sensor with the D-20 gauge, but it does not say anything about the thread size?
Thank you,
Paul
I believe it is 1/8" NPT which a grease gun hose should thread into but I can't confirm that 100%.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back