John Deere 2440 Steering Play

deaker

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by Tech 7 on October 11, 2013 at 18:57:23.
The original subject was Re: John Deere 2440 Steering Play.

Hi Tech 7.
The poster said to remove an access cover on the LH side and make sure a bolt is tight. I was wondering if you could tell me which bolt it is you are referring to? Here is the URL to the parts book page. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/79943/referrer/navigation/pgId/233709 Is it item #12 you are talking about should be tight?

cvphoto127083.jpg

Quick Question Tx Jim. I am just ready to remove the access cover, but the picture is a bit unclear. If the access cover is on the left (as shown in the picture above) and that bolt is over on the right side, how can you see it, let alone adjust it. I'm just trying to gather as much information as possible before digging in to it.
Diane

The cover you are looking at in the parts picture on the left is actually on the right side of the tractor. There is oil behind that cover. There is a round cover you can pry/pop off on the left side of the tractor that let's you see the bolt. If you see two round covers on the left side, ahead of the clutch pedal, the one closest to the engine accesses the clutch and the next one to the rear is the one you want.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back