john deere 3020

pbennett135

New User
my 3020 gas after running it, shut it off then after about 15 minutes won,t start, have replaced solenoid,starter button, can restart it with
srewdriver on solenoid

(quoted from post at 08:51:20 12/14/23) my 3020 gas after running it, shut it off then after about 15 minutes won,t start, have replaced solenoid,starter button, can restart it with
srewdriver on solenoid

Wiggle the electrical plug on the safety neutral start switch on the RH side of the transmission, near the shift levers.

(Will have a flat 2-terminal connector with yellow wires going to it.)

If that doesn't help, the switch may have failed, or need to have a shim or two behind it removed, the shift shaft MAY have too much endplay, or there may be some damaged wiring.

And, be careful to keep the transmission in ''Park'' so it doesn't run you over if it starts unexpectedly.

(If it is a powershift, it will have a second safety switch on the ''clutch'' valve.

On our 3020 gas there's an inline fuse under the dash. I've had a bad connection issue there. If I remember right when the issue occured the key switch did nothing ( no dash lights, gauges ect).

This post was edited by 620 John on 12/14/2023 at 10:51 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back