John Deere 350c question

bmosley691

New User
Okay I definitely have a John Deere 350c I just drained reverser and changed filter on reverser and filled with new fluid… I also drained transmission and final drives..question is when I went to refill it only held a little over 5 gallon in the transmission the manual say it should hold 10 gallons? Why did it only hold that amount did I miss draining something…. I pulled a total of 4 drain plugs 1 transmission 1 reverser and 2 final drives? What am I missing the reverser held the proper amount when refilling…

Okay I definitely have a John Deere 350c I just drained reverser and changed filter on reverser and filled with new fluid… I also drained transmission and final drives..question is when I went to refill it only held a little over 5 gallon in the transmission the manual say it should hold 10 gallons? Why did it only hold that amount did I miss draining something…. I pulled a total of 4 drain plugs 1 transmission 1 reverser and 2 final drives? What am I missing the reverser held the proper amount when refilling…
350C would have wet steering clutches. There would be fluid in the steering clutch housings. You missed those two plugs so the steering clutch housings still have fluid in them, thus your left-over fluid. They check and fill from the transmission as part of the common sump.

What are you using for fluid, John Deere Hy Gard or a J20C rated UTHF?

Do you have a copy of the John Deere operator's manual # OMT79469 (or other 350C Operator's Manual?

Awesome I am using a premium j20c fluid no I do not have a copy of that manual only thing I have is a copy of the John Deere 350c crawler/loader owner’s manual that tells service intervals and whatever but with zero detail……also may I ask where the drain plugs are for the steering clutches?

Sorry I stand corrected I actually have a jd350-c crawler loader operator’s manual but can’t find nothing about the steering clutch drain plug locations I could be missing it though

In the copy of OMT79469 I have it is on page 55 in the Lubrication and Periodic Service section.
plugs.JPG

Good on the Premium J20C fluid

Okay guys I may be dumb or just plain stupid but I can’t find the steering clutch drains I know they are there I have a manual and see the pics but should I see the drain plugs from laying under dozer or thru track on side or from top or where my dozer has a winch

Okay guys I may be dumb or just plain stupid but I can’t find the steering clutch drains I know they are there I have a manual and see the pics but should I see the drain plugs from laying under dozer or thru track on side or from top or where my dozer has a winch
Laying under the crawler, looking at the underside rear of the crawler inboard from the winch. The steering clutch housings are what the final drive housing bolts to. The plugs will be a few inches inboard of the joint between the final drive and steering clutch housings. The belly pan might block you from seeing them easily.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back