John Deere 630 Custom Powr-Trol Leaking

LDPosse

This past weekend, I installed a 2 valve custom powr-trol valve and model 48 loader on my 1959 John Deere 630. I have one unresolved issue - the adapter between the powr-trol unit and the two lines that go up and around the seat is leaking where it bolts to the powr-trol valve.

mvphoto107806.jpg

I took the complete powr-trol to the local deere dealer, and they sold me the parts they thought I needed. They gave me part #12B. I am wondering if they should have sold me #12A.

mvphoto107807.jpg

So I have two questions -

1) Since I have a leak, do I need to use part 12A? Is it possible to seal it with RTV instead of ripping the entire powr-trol valve back off of the tractor?

2) Are there any tips or tricks for getting the lines that go around the seat disconnected? I had quite a difficult time getting the steel lines around the seat installed in the first place, I m not too keen on the fact I have to do that part of the job again.

The setup is functioning for now, but I don t want to constantly have to add oil to it.

Thanks!

mvphoto107808.jpg

This post was edited by LDPosse on 07/23/2023 at 10:54 pm.

I think you need part 12a.

RTV may work, but remember you are working with a pressure line (s). RTV may just mean you do it a 3rd time... sorry.

(quoted from post at 07:23:14 07/24/23) I think you need part 12a.

RTV may work, but remember you are working with a pressure line (s). RTV may just mean you do it a 3rd time... sorry.

You wouldn't happen to have any helpful tidbits for getting this thing off and back together? That top line especially, is a real bear trying to work with due to how close it is positioned to the curve of the rockshaft housing.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back