John Deere AW Disc Harrow

nh8260

I found a JD model AW disc for sale, it is 11 foot wide and has a couple broken discs and needs a tire on one side. The bearings seem good, i didn't hear any noise coming from them and they turned smooth. Only thing that concerned me was at the end of the pickup tube there is a pretty good gap when the disc is on the ground but the gap goes away when it is picked up, i've attached a photo of the harrow and a photo of the piece at the end. I'm sure this disc has been used a good bit as old as it is, I can get it for $300 or a little less but i don't want to drag in a complete mess.

Is there anybody on here that has owned or used one of these discs that could tell me about them?? How do they do?? I've never seen one in person till i went and looked at this one, the Oliver 252 i have is by far my favorite but this one might be as good, don't know.

Attachments

• thumbnail (6).jpg
    thumbnail (6).jpg
    333 KB · Views: 60
  • thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 488
I have a 14' has the same gap. It doesn't bother me probably made like that to let the frame float some when carrying half depth through the field so the gangs stay in the ground while the wheels go over clods. If it was worn the strap would be paper thin on the top not the same thickness from top to bottom. It disc's better then a newer jd disc I have maybe a Bw. I would like the disc's to be a little bigger but I'm not covering hundreds of acres. I did lengthen the tongue so i could us it and not get in the disc with the tractor tires.I paid $250 for mine.

Those are a good disk, blades shouldn’t be a problem. They are made to let the frame flex a bit causing the gap, grease it good and go to it. That would bring double that price or more around here.

I agree with others that state gap in 2nd photo is fine as the gap allows front gangs to move at hinge areas to follow contour of soil. JD AW disk harrows were good secondary tillage implements. IMHO $300 is very reasonable price

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back