John deere sickle mower

Tstoner

I'm currently looking for a pto driven sickle mower for my 44 A I don't know a lot about these mowers. How exactly do they hook up to the tractor. Did john deere make a bracket of some sort that bolts onto the draw bar assembly?

I'm currently looking for a pto driven sickle mower for my 44 A I don't know a lot about these mowers. How exactly do they hook up to the tractor. Did john deere make a bracket of some sort that bolts onto the draw bar assembly?
What model are you looking at, the Operator's Manual or Parts Catalog for the mower will show the attaching brackets.

As an example, see the #5 mower info below.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/80894/referrer/navigation/pgId/16054

m4YOfCe.jpeg

Any year of the No. 5 sickle mower that was on a JD two cylinder tractor would mount to the back of your tractor .. Mounting brackets would come with the mower.. The #5 JD mower is a good old mower!!!! Repairable-cuts good, but old....

I have an old #5 and an 8W, both mount to JD quick tach brackets. Old operator's manuals for #5 showed parts also. I think they show mounting brackets for everything made at the time that had wheels.

I don't know if your mower has clamps, but I had a #8 and it had the heavy drawbar that would bolt to my drawbar with 2 inch round bar on the end that the mower would clamp to. I have seen #5's that had the clamps as well.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back