Johndeere 410B 4x4 backhoe wont start since last fall 2023. I have changed fuel filter, manual fuel pump, checked fuel solenoid visibly

I can't get my john deere 410b backhoe to start. It ran good when I shut it off last fall. It has good clean fuel in it and a new fuel pump & fuel filter. I can't get fuel to injectors. I cleaned screen on fuel line to injector pump. Solenoid is working.

Hello OFG, welcome to YT! Did you put the fuel filter and pump on after it didn’t start or was it already on it before it was parked. I assume you know the bleeding process, there is a bleeder on the IJ pump housing. I also am assuming the new pump is the transfer pump and not the injection pump. I also am assuming the transfer pump is supplying a good amount of fuel when cranking. Generally setting that long is not a problem, if the transfer pump is not pumping fuel you need to check to see if there is flow out of the fitting of the tank and the line is clear up to the transfer pump. Unfortunately, with the newer low sulfur diesels algae forming in the tank can be a problem, usually a black slime. Often times in this case the tractor starts and runs fine for a while until the algae makes its way into the fuel line and system. Lastly do you happen to use biodiesel? I have heard of that stuff causing problems in IJ pumps when setting in as short of time as two months. This would require the IJ pump to be pulled and went through. There is a injection pump repair man on here who posts as Dieseltech, he may add some other info here.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back