Keystone Oliver Collectors Plow Day

It's hard to get them all going right, that's for sure. We had ours yesterday. Started out with 12 tractors, finished with 10. We had planned to plow here at home, but had too much rain Friday. If we'd plowed here on this heavier ground, things wouldn't have looked so good with all those different sized plows going in at different depths. Another club member about four miles away had some lighter ground and we got on that alright. On that sand, it turned out to be about the best looking job we've ever done on a plow day. I followed about everybody at one time of another. Not many of them plowing level. Either the front or the back was out of the ground farther than the other. It's tough with those old plows that only get used once a year.

Mennonites
I see. Around here we have lots of I guess they are mennonites, amish or whatever, but I have never seen much interaction with other locals, let alone hanging out with others for a fun day of plowing! I have never seen them use steel wheels on tractors, only rubber tires, but always open station so must have different beliefs?

Re: Mennonites- Lots of different groups in this area. Some ride bikes, some use horse and buggy, some drive black cars with black wheels.

Last edited:
A good friend of his (guy on MF 98) likes to remind him that he has an Oliver (990) that looks like a Massey
The owner of the MF 98 comes on the Forums here from time to time. Maybe he'll show up and give us some background on it.

John, were you there on Saturday? Wish we could have connected if you were there.
This was sent to me from someone else that was taking photos that day.
IMG_0493.jpeg
IMG_0495.jpeg

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back