Kubota is in the 1818

jon f mn

Been a long hard battle, but the Kubota is in the skidloader and working good. After I put it in the first time and it was in backward so it turned the wrong way, I had to have more parts made to attach it to the front pulley of the engine. The front pulley is small ad cast iron and I didn't think it would hold up with all that mass and the pull of three belts. So I had the machinist make a stub shaft to go into the front of the main pulley so I could add a bearing out front to help carry the weight.

cvphoto119926.jpg

cvphoto119927.jpg

Of course, as usual for me, the machinist made the parts wrong the first time and they were out o round. So I had to take them back and have them redone. They work good now. Here it is in the machine.

cvphoto119928.jpg

cvphoto119929.jpg

cvphoto119931.jpg

Here is a short video of it running. I still have some issues to look at, there is an oil leak to find and there is a restriction in the loader hydraulics. I'm thinking the restriction may be the safety lock not opening all the way. They are adjustable and I will have to go through the adjustment procedure to make sure it's correct. But it runs and works as it should now. I'll use it to clean the pens tomorrow.
Running

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back