Ochs n

Have a LA Case LP. Had regulator and carbonator rebuilt, and magneto rebuilt. Can't get tractor to start but twice. I have adjusted regulator and carbonator. It has started a couple times and runs well. Come back next day and can't get it to start. It fires of on one cylinder every now and then. Have talked to several people about this problem. Would like to find somebody that could work on this. There isn't anybody around this area of Georgia that knows much about Case LP tractors. I would haul this tractor to somebody that would know what all to check to get this thing to run. Apricate any help. Been working on this tractor for several years, ready to get this thing running.

Have a LA Case LP. Had regulator and carbonator rebuilt, and magneto rebuilt. Can't get tractor to start but twice. I have adjusted regulator and carbonator. It has started a couple times and runs well. Come back next day and can't get it to start. It fires of on one cylinder every now and then. Have talked to several people about this problem. Would like to find somebody that could work on this. There isn't anybody around this area of Georgia that knows much about Case LP tractors. I would haul this tractor to somebody that would know what all to check to get this thing to run. Apricate any help. Been working on this tractor for several years, ready to get this thing running.
I converted my first LA from propane to gasoline.
Did not have a bit of trouble with it and I worked it hard.
I got parts from an LAE power unit to convert it.

Upvote 0
Are you starting it on vapor? Start on vapor and after it warms up some, turn the vapor valve shut and open the liquid valve. I always choke the lp tractors when starting same as a gas one.

Upvote 0
I only have a little bit of experience with the lp tractors, may not be of much help. 1) fuel, there is a safety mechanism inside the lp tank that prevents gas from flowing if the gas pressure suddenly lowers. This can be actuated if when you turn on the fuel you open the valve toooo fast. Result; no fuel to regulator or carb, 2) Are you sure your mag is in time. 3) Not sure on an LA but my DC lp has quarter inch pipe plugs in the intake manifold. If the LA has them put a squirt of carb cleaner in there and crank it over, if nothing happens you probably don't have any spark, therefore out of time. 4) 6volt or 12 volt??? maybe a bit faster spin would help.. A little hint from the neighborhood you live in might get you a volunteer helper. Good luck, its time to make it snort. gobble

Upvote 0
I am trying to start it on vaper, as far as I know getting LP gas into tractor. Turned engine over till pressure come out spark plug, set piston top dead center and set magneto on number 1 spark. I have a LA Case book that tells how to install a LP gas set up. I know I am off a little on something. I'm not that great off a mechanic. I apricate all your help thanks.

Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back